Friday, 29 May 2020
Fermented curd rice also called as PAZHAYA SAADAM, in southern parts of India, is a neglected "VITAMIN STORE" . In olden days the farmers and hard working people used to have this easy to prepare food as their breakfast. And believe me it did great magic with their bodies, by giving them intense energy throughout the day and a feel of coolness from inside their body while they worked hard in the extreme hot sun in their fields.
So, whats so special about this fermented curd rice??
Rice, as we all know is a CARB, and we tend to believe it increases our blood sugar levels, and more intelligent people thinks it shoots up ur insulin levels.. Soaking rice overnight makes the starch resistant and thus escapes the digestion process and thus no piling up calories into ur body. Thus we can say soaked rice has 60% lesser calories compared to freshly cooked rice. People suffering from excess weight, just try this as your regular breakfast and check your weight drop over a period of time :-)
Another fantastic property of the fermented rice is that the soaking process breaks down the PHYTIC ACID IN RICE and relieves a lot of minerals which are bound phytic acid making them unavailable to our body. Once the phytic acid is destroyed, minerals like IRON, CALCIUM, PHOSPHORUS, ZINC, MAGNESIUM are available for absorption into our body and the rest is history :-)
The fermented rice is also a good source of LACTIC ACID and helps in lactation in lactating mothers.
The so called probiotics (good bacteria) nowadays are also plenty in this superfood, there are trillions of bacteria in this food and these in turn helps in formation of B-COMPLEX VITAMINS, MAINLY B6 & B12. ( SO THIS COOL OVERNIGHT SOAKED CURD RICE CAN BE UR VITAMIN B12 PILL) VEG SOURCE OF B12)
Other benefits are, it helps in reliving CONSTIPATION, REDUCES BP, REDUCES CHOLESTEROL with its fibre content, improves STOMACH AILMENTS, ULCERS, INFECTIONS etc..It is also known to improve the skin texture as it strengthens the collagen in our skin and helps in a youthful and radiant look :-)
OVERALL, EASY FOR WORKING WOMEN TO PREPARE BREAKFAST ;-)
Thursday, 26 March 2020
Before starting to write the lines , I request all of you to please follow the guidelines given by the Government and experts on the guidelines of Corona Virus Prevention.
Just wanted to pen down the thoughts of my quarantine days, though its just the starting..
These exclusive staying at home days made me realise ..
- There is JOY in washing the dishes rather than getting over an Interview.
- There is JOY in cooking food mindfully for your family rather than going to a 5 star restaurant.
- There is JOY in cleaning the house rather than ordering your maid to the job.
- There is JOY in becoming tired physically by the end of the day rather than mentally tired.
- There is JOY in taking that small breaks in between the household chores rather than the gossiping coffee breaks at office .
- There is JOY in working relentlessly for your family rather than earning relentlessly for them.
- There is JOY in the No make up look rather than the pretty make up face.
- There is JOY in learning not to pile up the Utensils rather than the usual piling them up for the housemaid.
- There is JOY in seeing your kids perform their hobbies rather than forcing them to study relentlessly.
- There is JOY in the small , new connections you make rather than the artificial business networking connections.
- There is JOY in talking to your loved ones and just asking their well being rather than either complaining or quarrelling.
- There is JOY in seeing so many people put out so much of content to help the Universe rather than put out content for their business growth.
- There is JOY in the smell of the fresh , home cooked meal rather than the exotic lavish meal outside.
- There is JOY in being a real Indian Woman / Wife / Mother rather than competing with the men, be it in career or family.
- There is JOY in multitasking with children , cooking , household chores, selfceare rather than multitasking with files, content, strategies, financial planning , management etc..
My personal feelings, hope atleast few modern , working , pampered , educated , bossy women can relate to it.
STAY HOME AND STAY HEALTHY.
Saturday, 2 June 2018
Tea/coffee/milk + 6 soaked Almonds. (ADD HALF A TEASPOON OF CINNAMON POWDER IN TEA OR COFFEE OR MILK)
WALKING FOR 10 MINUTES BEFORE , BREAKFAST: BETWEEN 7:00AM-9:00AM
½ BOWL WHEAT RAWA UPMA WITH MIXED VEGETABLES (MIX FLAX SEED POWDER 1 TEASPOON+ 1TSP OATS + FEW CHIA SEEDS) + ½ FRUIT(APPLE OR ORANGE OR STRAWBERRIES OR MANGO OR + 4 WALNUTS + 2 CASHEW NUTS.
MID- MORNING SNACK: 2 -3 HRS AFTER BREAKFAST. (mandatory)
1 CUP GREEN TEA + 1CARROT+ 1TOMATO+1/2 CUCUMBER+ ½ ONION (RAW) + 2 SLICES OF DARK CHOCOLATE+ 1 ANJEER OR 1 DATE.
WALKING FOR 15 MINUTES BEFORE, LUNCH: 2 ½ HRS AFTER MID- MORNING SNACK.( BEFORE 2PM)
½ CUP RICE + 1ROTI + 2 VEG CURRIES+ ½ BOWL DAL( ADD LOTS OF RAW GARLIC PIECES) + 1 CUP CURD
(WEEKLY 4 TIMES INCLUDE BEANS CURRY, AND DAILY 2 LEAFY VEGETABLE SHOULD BE INCLUDED EITHER WITH DAL OR JUST AS CURRY))
EVENING SNACK: 3 HRS AFTER LUNCH..
1 CUP GREEN TEA+ 1 BOWL BOILED CHICKEPEA SALD WITH MIXED RAW VEGETABLES AND SOME CORIANDER WITH LEMON JUICE ( OR 1 NUVVULA LADDU) OR 2 SBOILED SWEET POTATOES TOPPED WITH SUNFLOWER OR PUMPKIN OR SESAME SEEDS + ½ FRUIT
WALKING FOR 15 MINUTES, BEFORE DINNER: 3 hrs after mid-evening snack.. (BEFORE 9PM)
SAME AS LUNCH